National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia 2020 ANNUAL STATE CONVENTION
September 26, 2020
Register and make a difference in the lives of blind West Virginians!
The 2020 State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia will be held virtually via the Zoom platform.
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2020 state convention of the NFB of West Virginia. Get Involved. Make a Difference! Please share with others, everyone is welcome!
Registration for the 2020 State Convention is FREE due to the convention being conducted virtually using the Zoom platform. For the very first time, we are accepting online registration. The registration form can be completed at www.nfbwv.org/state-convention/registration.
Zoom Access Information
If you choose not to join by phone, follow the instructions:
- From the meeting announcement message, copy the nine-digit meeting ID to the clipboard.
- Launch Zoom on the computer.
- Click on the "Join Meeting" button.
- In the "Enter Meeting ID" edit field, paste from the clipboard (control+V), and then click the "join" button.
Meeting ID: 751 278 456
One tap mobile:
- +16468769923,,751278456# US (New York)
- +14086380968,,751278456# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location:
- +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
- +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 751 278 456
Zoom Phone and Keyboard Shortcuts
Phone (Dial-In) Shortcuts:
- *6: Toggle mute/unmute
- *9: Raise hand
Windows Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Alt + A: Mute/unmute audio
- Alt + V: Start/stop video
- Alt + Y: Raise/lower hand
- Ctrl + T: Jump to chat with someone
- Ctrl + W: Close current chat session
Mac Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Command + Shift + A: Mute/unmute audio
- Space: Push to talk
- Command + Shift + V: Start/stop video
- Option + Y: Raise hand/lower hand
- Command + K: Jump to chat with someone
*A full list of keyboard shortcuts can be found on the Zoom website.
Code of Conduct
As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also represent our greater organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national levels, and to plan our work for the future.
The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore specifically prohibited:
- harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, physical appearance, or other group identity
- harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence, yelling, hostility, destruction of property)
Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events. Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more information.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check back often. For more information, please contact us at 304-993-5103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.