National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia 2021 STATE CONVENTION
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Register and make a difference in the lives of blind West Virginians!
The National Federation of the Blind of West Virginia is proud to announce our 2021 State Convention! Once again, this event will be held virtually with free registration! Please save the date of Saturday, September 25.
Note: The agenda will be finalized and distributed and posted on the state website in mid to late August. Yes, the agenda will be available on NEWSLINE® too!
Here is your chance to participate and learn more about the NFB’s programs and goals on the state and national level. Hear from the NFB national representative. Also, hear from speakers on topics of national and state importance, membership, seniors, technology Braille, students, and parents’ concerns, meet the scholarship class of 2021 and much more!
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2021 state convention of the NFB of West Virginia. Get Involved. Make a Difference! Please share with others, everyone is welcome!
How many reasons do you need to register by Saturday, September 11, 2021? Here are just a few:
- By registering for the state convention before the deadline, you will be eligible to win door prizes!
- If you are a current paid member with a chapter, and your dues are paid by Saturday, September 11, and you register, you are eligible to vote in the NFBWV election at the convention!
- Registration is free: no travel costs, no hotel fees, and no expensive restaurants
- You’ll help the NFBWV collect current contact information for everyone who registers!
- You can wear casual comfy clothes and footwear of your choice to all of the sessions, even the banquet! No need to get up early!
- All of the money you save can be donated to your favorite organization, the NFB of WV!
To register, click on the link below:
Using the arrow keys will greatly improve your ability to view all of the information on this form when navigating with a screen reader. If you need assistance registering, please call Marcus Soulsby at 304-206-4044. Leave a message and he will get back to you promptly.
Code of Conduct
As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also represent our greater organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national levels, and to plan our work for the future.
The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore specifically prohibited:
- harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, physical appearance, or other group identity
- harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence, yelling, hostility, destruction of property)
Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events. Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more information.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check back often. For more information, please contact us at 304-206-4044 or email@example.com.